Associates are freelance creatives, practitioners and performance professionals (with interests in circus, dance, acting, fashion and music) who are exceptional at what they whom share our values and ethos. We work with associates in different ways and we expect you to get stuck into everything that we do, helping us to inspire and build skill in young people, lead workshops, perform at events, create projects, build performance and often become a collaborator to build business and income streams together.
Our trio of organisations and our incredibly hard working associates create an eco system to nurture the growth of social and community circus, whilst creating professional opportunities and a platform to bring ideas to a commercially viable fruition. Our associates are as invested in our community work as they are as performance and curation. We believe circus is a holistic energy and a balance of performance, coaching, making and mentoring are all ingredients to a fulfilling career.
“We passionate about entrepreneurialism and building personal and passive income streams to sustain the environmental and artistic work we choose to do as creatives. Art doesn’t always pay, but let’s build our work around what we do and find a way to make our future happen the way we want it to” Joe Fearn. Founder.
How do I become an associate artist?
As an associate, you will work as a freelancer across the three of our companies. All opportunities are paid and from you, we expect you will give as much energy into building the next generation of young people. Each of the roles below have their own specification and description.
An Associate Artist work with us in at least two of the following ways.
- Coach. We have 12 week coaching contracts in our community circus space, CircusMASH.
- Performance. We offer performance for commercial clients, festivals and private events.
- Workshops. We run community, school & team building workshops.
- Creative Projects. We make our own community & professional shows and educational projects.
- Innovative Collaboration. Including developing passive income streams through our online platform, creating products, designing new ways of engaging people in circus. Our collaborators work with us on an equal partnership agreement.
Read about Reflex, a new collaboration with Ellis Grover with some super ambitious plans.
We’ll be recruiting in the run up to Summer 2023 so keep your eyes peeled for more information by joining our newsletter.